Terms and Conditions
To access the Parent Portal, click on the following:
By doing so you signify your agreement to the terms listed below. As a reminder, all parent/guardian emails provided to the Consortium
are utilized to create Parent Portal accounts. If you are not enrolled for Parent Portal, please sign up here.
Sudbury Student Services Consortium Parent Portal Terms and Description:
The Sudbury Student Services Consortium offers an online service for parents called Parent Portal. Through this web-based system,
parents/guardians are able to view a variety of student record information about their child or children. Please note that you will
need a modern digital device with Internet access along with a working email address to use the Parent Portal system.
Information for your child is available only with a password and all passwords are only distributed through email. It will be your
responsibility to keep your password private, and district personnel cannot issue any passwords via phone conversation. Passwords will
not be issued to school children. If a password is lost or forgotten, simply select the "Lost your password" link on the login page
for a new one to be issued. Once logged in, you will also be required to provide your child`s OEN Number and confirm custody
information to add your child to your account. It is also your responsibility to keep your child`s OEN number private.
I understand that it is my responsibility to protect my Parent Portal password and my child`s OEN number. I will not share my
password/OEN number with my children or any other individual not legally entitled to view my child’s records. I understand that the
Parent Portal web access system is offered as-is with no guarantee of service, and that Districts/Boards are not responsible for
interruptions in or problems gaining access to this service. The Parent Portal service is hosted entirely by the Sudbury Student
Services Consortium who is solely responsible for all technical support and for content hosted on their servers.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://consortium.businfo.ca. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this
website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared. (See Information Collection, Use, and Sharing section)
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.(See Your Access to and Control Over Information section)
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.(See Security section)
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email,
online forms, from your child's school board or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you,
regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to
fulfill your request, e.g. to mail information and to transport your child. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email or text in the future to tell you about new
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via
the Parent Portal, support email or phone number
given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you. Please note that transportation will not be available for your child.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Consent to use electronic communications by email/SMS.
I understand and accept that there are significant risks associated with electronic communications, including these:
- The privacy and security of electronic communication cannot be 100% guaranteed.
- Employers, authorities or online services may have a legal right to inspect and keep emails/text messages passing through their systems.
- Emails/text messages can be intercepted, forwarded, circulated, stored or even changed without the knowledge or permission of either the sender or recipient.
- Someone other than me may send an email/text message in my name, and this impersonation may not be detected by the recipient.
- Fake emails/text messages may carry computer viruses that may damage computer data or software or disclose my information against my wishes.
- Email/text messages may be accidentally sent to an unintended recipient, or to many such recipients.
I understand and agree that if the Consortium engages in electronic communication with me:
- The Consortium may decide to stop doing so, at any time, for their own reasons.
- I must not use email/texting for medical emergencies or other time-sensitive matters. If I need immediate assistance, I must not rely on email or text messaging. Instead, I should take other measures as appropriate, which may include calling the Consortium directly by phone or in person, or seeking emergency services if required.
- The Consortium may require that I follow additional rules for the use of email and SMS communication that it may set at any time.
- Someone other than me may send an email or text message in my name, and this impersonation may not be detected by the recipient.
- If I wish to withdraw my consent to communicate by email or SMS, I may do so at any time through my Parent Portal account or by telephone.
We take great precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via our website, your information is protected both online
and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as child specific data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
As an added security measure, our website does not issue persistent cookies. When your browser closes, any cookie information issued from our website is
permanently erased from this point on. We also offer two-factor authentication via SMS. The authenticator generates a code that you need to enter every
time that you log on to your Parent Portal account.
While we use encryption and other security methods to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline.
Only employees who need the information to organize school transportation (for example: Data Planners and School Bus Operators) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.